Deadline: May 15, 2018
If you think you’ve got skills when it comes to writing then you won’t want to miss the Aussiewritings Writing Contest where you’ll have the chance to win up to $1,000.
What is it about?
AussieWritings.com is pleased to announce its first essay contest among participants from all around the globe. To encourage passionate writers, there will be money prizes:
First prize – $1,000
Second prize – $800
Third prize – $600
There is also a special prize of $200 for the most compelling and thoughtful essay. Winning essays will be published on AussieWritings.com and promoted throughout its social media.
All participants who are passionate about writing regardless their location, age or nationality are welcome to participate.
How to enter
You need to write an essay, answering to any of these questions:
- What is the greatest achievement of mankind?
- How technologies have changed our lives.
- Pros and cons of compulsory education.
When writing your essay, consider the following:
- Length: Keep your essay between 800 and 1000 words.
- Originality: Your final piece should be unique and written all by yourself.
- Language: English
- Submission format: Your file should be saved as a doc., docx., or pdf. and named Essay_Contest_(your surname). Example: Essay_Contest_Smith
- The number of entries: You can submit a few essays if you would like to.
- Participation Cost: Free.
Send your essays in through email before May 15th, 2018. Winners will be announced on May 31st, 2018 on AussieWritings.com. You can find further details here.
University of Sussex Scholarship
Deadline: March 10th
Have you ever dreamt about spending a summer in England? Dream no more! The University of Sussex offers you the opportunity to experience a life-changing summer in its International Summer School!
The International Summer School at the University of Sussex provides an opportunity to meet and study with people from all over the world and is now offering a 50% scholarship to spend next summer on its campus! The International Summer School program lasts for 4 weeks, just enough time to have an immersive cultural experience! And it gets even better as the program also includes social activities such as Harry Potter tours, karaoke nights and pub quizzes.
How to apply?
The Sussex teaching system is based around intensive, small-group teaching through lectures, workshops and labs. Each module carries 15 credits and lasts for four weeks and the start date for Module A is from June 23 and for Module B from July 22.
To apply, just follow these three steps:
- Complete the Sqore challenge.
- Decide which ISS module works best for you.
- Apply online to the International Summer School.
Do you want to know more about the school and city? The University of Sussex was founded in 1961 and is located in Brighton, England, which has been known as “London by the Sea.” Brighton quickly established an international reputation for the quality of its research, for its innovative and effective styles of teaching, and for attracting scholars from all over the world. Brighton is an amazing place to be a student as you will enjoy the sun and the sea. It also has great places to eat and drink, many shops and any other entertainment activity you can find in any other big city. Are you excited now? Get more details on the International Summer School scholarship and apply before March 10th!
A couple of months ago we shared with you the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest, where students from around the world could submit a short video sharing a proposed study abroad trip or for those already studying abroad, a trip they would like to take. InternationalStudent.com received numerous videos from around the world and are pleased to announce that the 2017 Travel Video Contest Viewers’ Choice winner and finalists have been announced!
In past years the contest has drawn in a plethora of talented individuals from around the world who submit impressive videos, and this year was no different. The InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest team came up with a short list of 14 finalists – combined with the Viewers’ Choice Winner there are 15 finalist who will move into the next round of the contest. Take time to watch these videos as you will surely be entertained as students tell their stories in different ways, always showing off their skills, either through storytelling, singing or animation, among others.
Here it is the finalist videos and make sure you watch the Viewers’ Choice winning video: Making the US my new home, where Sebastian Bayona, an international student from Peru at Oklahoma State University, shares his experience about what it means to move abroad and leave your family, friends and home behind and how important it is to overcome feeling homesick to really enjoy the experience of making the US your new home. Going to Maryland to spend Thanksgiving with part of his family is why Sebastian Bayona wanted to win this contest. InternaitonalStudent.com will announce the winner on November 17th, the last day of International Education Week, so stay tuned.
If you’re interested in entering this Travel Video Contest next year make sure you sign up to receive the latest alerts from InternationalStudent.com.
East Tennessee State University
Deadline: January 2nd
If you are a new international student at East Tennessee State University (ETSU) or if you are planning to apply to ETSU, we have great news for you! The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
What is it about?
The scholarship covers 50 percent of total in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered (recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs).
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student’s scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university.
The scholarship is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Scholarship can be used for summer semesters if taking on-grounds courses
- Scholarship may not be used for the winter term
To be eligible, students must:
- Apply for admission to ETSU before they can apply for the scholarship
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form
Also important to know:
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- An applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant).
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Time is running out so if you are interested, be sure to submit all your information by January 2nd. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. You can find further details here.
The 2017 InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest
Deadline: October 13th
Like in years past, InternationalStudent.com is hosting its Travel Video Contest, which means that it’s your chance to win $4,000! The contest is now in its 12th year and if you are an international student or traveler, InternationalStudent.com is giving you the opportunity to showcase your creativity and explain why you want study abroad or take a specific trip during your international studies.
If you’re currently studying abroad, you can tell us about any trip you would like to take. If you aren’t abroad yet, you simply need to tell us why you want to study abroad.
How to enter
If you are interested in entering in the contest, there are a few things you will want to know:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You should be either an international student or planning to become one
- You have to create a 4 minute video that shares why you would like to become an international student or why you would like to take a specific trip during your time as an international student
- Your video should tell a story and be made for this contest
- Your video can be housed on Youtube or Vimeo
- Originality and interest level in the trip, creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria.
The deadline to submit your application for the twelfth annual travel video contest is 11:59 PM, EST on Friday, 13 October 2017. To get started, go to InternationalStudent.com and you also may want to have a look at:
Deadline: August 31
Are you in need of a scholarship but most of them require your GPA or to participate in an essay contest? Are you looking for an easier way to get a scholarship? Then the GotChosen “Upvote scholarship” is a great option for you!
GotChosen is an American company which develops social networking and marketplace technologies. The company also offers philanthropic scholarships. During the last three years, GotChosen has awarded more than 65 scholarships!
The $10,000 UpVote Scholarship is open to all international students from any field of study. All participants must be at least 18 years and have been accepted to a post secondary program, college, or have outstanding student loans. This scholarship award must be used for educational expenses or outstanding student loans only.
How to Enter
Just follow these simple steps and you will be entered to win!
- Register. You must register with your legal name.
- Apply for the scholarship. Fill in the application form, and click ‘Apply’.
- Add a photo to your profile. You must create a profile with a current photo of yourself.
- Post on any channel. Create a post on any channel of your choice. Remember, posts must be relevant to the channel’s topic. Posts that only say “vote for me” will not count.
- Get upvotes for your post. You will earn an entry for every upvote on your posts during the contest. Multiple posts increase your chances of winning!
How it works
The winner will be chosen from a random drawing from among all eligible participants. It will be conducted in the US and supervised by an independent third party. The winner will receive the $10,000 UpVote Scholarship upon verification of eligibility.
The GotChosen scholarship will be issued in the form of a $10,000 check in US dollars after the winner has provided proof of current educational expenditures or outstanding student loans.
Don’t wait! The deadline is 12:00 AM Pacific Time on August 31, 2017. In case you didn’t have enough time to get as many upvotes as you would have liked, there is no need to worry! GotChosen has a new scholarship contest every other month. To participate again for this scholarship, you’ll just have to reapply!
Deadline: December 15th
Are you studying in the US or Canada and need some financial aid to continue with your studies? Look no further! Zeqr is sponsoring an annual scholarship award for students from any country around the world who are currently enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
To enter, students must complete a 800 – 1,200 word article discussing how online learning is changing the traditional educational model of learning and what the future of education might look like.
Some of the questions you can try to answer are:
- How and why is e Learning shaping the future of education?
- How will this change the way students learn?
- Who will benefit most from this new way of learning?
Applicants must complete the student information form that you will find here and submit their 800 to 1,200 word essay on the selected topic in PDF format. Don’t forget to be original and very creative on your article and remember to upload your submission on December 15th, no later than 11:59 pm PST.
The Scholarship will be awarded to the student who writes the most compelling essay as judged by an outside panel of educational professionals. The winner will be announced and contacted by 11:59pm PST on December 22.
The applicant of the winning project will receive a one-time scholarship of $1,000, which may be applied to the following school-related expenses: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board. Get more details on this scholarship and how to apply here.
If you are an international student studying in the US and seeking for some financial support, we found the perfect scholarship for you. The SelfScore Scholarship is a national scholarship program dedicated to F1, J1, and M1 students studying in the US.
SelfScore is an analytics based consumer finance company that helps populations gain financial independence through access to credit. But at the moment, they are focusing on connecting international students to fair credit.
This Fall, the company will grant twelve $5,000 scholarships: six for undergraduates and six for graduate students. That sounds good, right? Would you like to be considered for this scholarship? If so, here’s the eligible you must meet:
- Be a student studying in the U.S. on a F1, J1, or M1 visa during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be accepted to study or continuing to study at an eligible college or university.
- Must submit a valid I-20 or DS-2019 form.
- Must score in the top 15% on a standardized U.S. college entrance exam (SAT, ACT, GRE, or GMAT).
- Must have a 3.0 GPA, or higher, or the equivalent from your prior studies.
Recipients will be selected randomly among the eligible applicants and no purchase or credit application is required to apply for the scholarship. All applicants are enrolled in a Free Financial Literacy program and all scholarships are awarded on a one-time basis. Applicants may also designate an international student club or organization as part of their application which will receive a one-time grant of $1,000.
If you would like to apply for this scholarship, you can get more information on how to apply for the SelfScore International Student Scholarship here.
Are you a student who’s been impacted by the revised US travel ban? If so, you could win a $1,000 scholarship. Market Inspector is hosting this scholarship as they’re a multicultural team of digital marketers- many of which have left their country of origin to work in the UK with the company. To promote unity in diversity, they’re offering this scholarship to six students from the six travel banned countries: Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Have been born in one of the above listed countries.
- Be currently enrolled or have been accepted into a US/UK accredited post-secondary educational institution this year.
The following documentation will be required in order to apply:
- A valid passport or birth certificate
- Documentation proving your acceptance into a US or UK university
- An essay outlining why you should be chosen to receive the scholarship
Your essay should be 1,000-1,500 words and written in English. All documents must be 100% original and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format.
All items needed to apply for this scholarship must be submitted before the October 31st deadline, and all winners will be announced on December 1st. Winners will be selected based upon creativity, structure and how easy the essay is to comprehend. Get more details on this scholarship and how to apply here.
Technology has allowed us to have many advances and conveniences. However, has it also come at a price? KidGuard for Education wants you to write an essay answering the question:
“Do you think parents should monitor their children’s phones and online activities?”
The essay should reflect your honest opinion and will have no impact on determining if you’re the winner. The essay should be honest, well supported and can include as many words as you would like. The final winners will be selected at random from a pool of finalists. One grand prize winner will receive a $1500 scholarship while one finalist will receive a $500 scholarship.
This scholarship is open to all graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled in a full time program. All essays must be submitted through email with a link to your essay, verification of full-time enrollment at your school and contact information.
Kidguard is “passionate about online safety. The ‘KidGuard for Education’ Essay Scholarship is part of KidGuard’s effort to bring awareness and inspire solutions on issues on cyberbullying, online predators, teen suicide and childhood depression in the age of technology.”
Get more information on how to apply to the KidGuard for Education Essay Scholarship today.