University of Arizona
Deadline: April 1st
Looking to study at the University of Arizona (UA) but can’t afford the tuition? This is your chance! The UA is offering Tuition Awards to international students that go from $4,000 to $24,000 per academic year.
The University of Arizona is one of the United States’ most respected public research institutions. The UA provides more than a world-class education, they help students develop the necessary skills of discovery, research, and creativity and that’s why you can’t miss this opportunity to study there!
What’s the scholarship about?
In recognition for students who exhibit an outstanding academic performance, the University of Arizona offers the International Tuition Award which offers $4,000 – $24,000 per academic year for freshman, and $5,000 per academic year for transfer students.
- International applicants whose primary language is not English, or who attended school in a non-English speaking country, must prove English proficiency.
- Must verify your lawful presence as described under Arizona’s Proposition 300.
- Semesters without lawful presence verified will be lost and counted against the scholarship’s total eight semesters.
- Awards are for undergraduate studies only.
- In addition to the criteria above, submit a complete application and all required documents.
- Scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by May 1 for freshmen and by June 1 for transfer students.
- Sponsored students are not eligible. However, if sponsorship is for years two – four only, a one time award may be applied per the charts above.
- Non-degree seeking, exchange, and conditionally admitted students are not eligible.
If you meet the criteria, be sure you submit your application on time for the next fall semester!
Get more details on the University of Arizona International Tuition Award and how to apply.
The 2018 InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest
Deadline: October 9th
The InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest is back and is open for entries until October 9th! If you are planning to become an international student or if you are already one, this contest is a great opportunity for you! Keep reading to get all the details about the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest!
What is it about?
You will need to create and submit an original video before the deadline to be considered for a $4,000 grand prize. One lucky winner will receive the grand prize and their very own blog on InternationalStudent.com. There will also be a second place, third place and a viewers’ choice winner. The grand prize winner will be announced on November 16th.
To be eligible you must be 18 or older and already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside of your home country. If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video must describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
Your video must be created specifically for the current InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest with a maximum length of 4 minutes.
Make sure you read the full list of rules and regulations before you enter. You would also want to check the tips & tricks section and view the past winners, as well as see who will be judging your video.
Get more information on how to enter the 2018 Travel Video Contest!
Deadline: October, 15
Westbon is the first lending platform for international students in the U.S. Based in Chicago, they specialize in providing auto loans and personal loans for their customers, who have always been an underserved group due to their lack of a Social Security Number (SSN) and credit history.
Westbon is dedicated to assisting international students in their pursuit to study in the United States and is always amazed by how vibrant and talented the international student community is.
To help international students further pursue their dreams in the U.S., Westbon has established a scholarship program for international students who are on F1 Visa in the United States. Regardless of your fields of study, Westbon is happy to offer the assistance you need for your college studies in the United States.
To qualify, you must be:
- International students on F1 Visa with valid I20
- Undergrad, master students all welcomed to apply
- All nationalities and majors are welcomed to apply
- Minimum GPA 2.70 out of 4.00 or equivalent
- Online application form
- L20 & Transcript
- Supporting documents if necessary
What are they looking for?
Applicants who have the excellent achievement and great potential in academic, extracurricular activities or social fields.
- Applicants who excel in their study with demonstrated academic performance.
- Please provide your most recent transcript. Supporting documents like recommendation letters from your professors or supervisors are recommended but not required.
- Enthusiastic travelers who have seen and witnessed the true beauty of the world.
- Talented artists and designers who have an amazing, stunning portfolio.
- Adventurers who have an amazing story to tell.
- It all depends on your experience and endeavors.
Social Impact/ Leadership/ Entrepreneurship
- Candidates who have entrepreneurship spirit, a significant social impact, or the ability to influence others in a positive way.
- Candidates who have shown leadership in extracurricular activities or won recognition within the international student organization and communities.
All undergraduate and master program students are welcome to apply. You can find further details here.
Deadline: November 1st
The Trendhim Scholarship was created to empower and support the future of ecommerce superstars, and each year Trendhim Aps supports one or more students by providing them with €2.000.
The Scholarship was founded to cover costs associated with ecommerce education or projects, which can cover travel expenses, conference fees, meals, or school attendance.
To be eligible to apply, you can be from anywhere in the world and be any age. You also must be studying one of the fields below:
- Organizational Design
PhD students can also apply for the Scholarship. It is expected that the person(s) receiving the support subsequently offers a brief description of the results accomplished or abilities obtained with the help of the scholarship.
How to Enter
In order to be considered, your education or project for which you’re seeking funds should be related to ecommerce.
You are expected to submit a proposal in which you clearly explain what the funds will cover, along with a budget. Name, address, and telephone number must be included. Then, submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get more details on this scholarship and how to apply here.
Full Sail University
Deadline: Applications must be submitted prior to the desired start date
Full Sail University is an American private, for-profit university located in Florida. Full Sail is dedicated to helping creative students follow their dreams in the entertainment and media industry. With students from over 65 countries, 110 world-class recording studios, and many spacious film soundstages, Full Sail’s innovative and accelerated style of education provides a unique real-world education in film, music, animation, video games and recording arts.
Full Sail University is offering students the opportunity to apply for the Full Sail Global Achievement Scholarship, which is designed to encourage and develop future international entertainment and media professionals throughout the world.
What is it?
Through the Global Achievement Scholarship, eligible participants may receive up to $5,000 toward the tuition of their Full Sail campus degree program. If you are interested in attending Full Sail University and applying to this scholarship find more information about it here.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a non-US citizen or non-permanent resident, as defined by Full Sail University.
- Applicants must have applied for one of the following immersive campus degree programs: Computer Animation, Creative Writing, Digital Arts & Design, Entertainment Business, Film, Game Art, Media Communication, Music Business, Recording Arts, Show Production, or Sports Marketing & Media.
How to enter
- Complete and submit the Global Achievement application, and an original 250-word essay on “How My Full Sail Education Will Help Me Achieve My Career Dream” prior to the first day of class.
- The Global Achievement Scholarship application must be submitted to the Full Sail Scholarship Committee prior to the desired start date.
- To apply for this scholarship, please contact your admissions representative.
Get more details on this scholarship and how to apply.
Deadline: May 15, 2018
If you think you’ve got skills when it comes to writing then you won’t want to miss the Aussiewritings Writing Contest where you’ll have the chance to win up to $1,000.
What is it about?
AussieWritings.com is pleased to announce its first essay contest among participants from all around the globe. To encourage passionate writers, there will be money prizes:
First prize – $1,000
Second prize – $800
Third prize – $600
There is also a special prize of $200 for the most compelling and thoughtful essay. Winning essays will be published on AussieWritings.com and promoted throughout its social media.
All participants who are passionate about writing regardless their location, age or nationality are welcome to participate.
How to enter
You need to write an essay, answering to any of these questions:
- What is the greatest achievement of mankind?
- How technologies have changed our lives.
- Pros and cons of compulsory education.
When writing your essay, consider the following:
- Length: Keep your essay between 800 and 1000 words.
- Originality: Your final piece should be unique and written all by yourself.
- Language: English
- Submission format: Your file should be saved as a doc., docx., or pdf. and named Essay_Contest_(your surname). Example: Essay_Contest_Smith
- The number of entries: You can submit a few essays if you would like to.
- Participation Cost: Free.
Send your essays in through email before May 15th, 2018. Winners will be announced on May 31st, 2018 on AussieWritings.com. You can find further details here.
University of Sussex Scholarship
Deadline: March 10th
Have you ever dreamt about spending a summer in England? Dream no more! The University of Sussex offers you the opportunity to experience a life-changing summer in its International Summer School!
The International Summer School at the University of Sussex provides an opportunity to meet and study with people from all over the world and is now offering a 50% scholarship to spend next summer on its campus! The International Summer School program lasts for 4 weeks, just enough time to have an immersive cultural experience! And it gets even better as the program also includes social activities such as Harry Potter tours, karaoke nights and pub quizzes.
How to apply?
The Sussex teaching system is based around intensive, small-group teaching through lectures, workshops and labs. Each module carries 15 credits and lasts for four weeks and the start date for Module A is from June 23 and for Module B from July 22.
To apply, just follow these three steps:
- Complete the Sqore challenge.
- Decide which ISS module works best for you.
- Apply online to the International Summer School.
Do you want to know more about the school and city? The University of Sussex was founded in 1961 and is located in Brighton, England, which has been known as “London by the Sea.” Brighton quickly established an international reputation for the quality of its research, for its innovative and effective styles of teaching, and for attracting scholars from all over the world. Brighton is an amazing place to be a student as you will enjoy the sun and the sea. It also has great places to eat and drink, many shops and any other entertainment activity you can find in any other big city. Are you excited now? Get more details on the International Summer School scholarship and apply before March 10th!
A couple of months ago we shared with you the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest, where students from around the world could submit a short video sharing a proposed study abroad trip or for those already studying abroad, a trip they would like to take. InternationalStudent.com received numerous videos from around the world and are pleased to announce that the 2017 Travel Video Contest Viewers’ Choice winner and finalists have been announced!
In past years the contest has drawn in a plethora of talented individuals from around the world who submit impressive videos, and this year was no different. The InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest team came up with a short list of 14 finalists – combined with the Viewers’ Choice Winner there are 15 finalist who will move into the next round of the contest. Take time to watch these videos as you will surely be entertained as students tell their stories in different ways, always showing off their skills, either through storytelling, singing or animation, among others.
Here it is the finalist videos and make sure you watch the Viewers’ Choice winning video: Making the US my new home, where Sebastian Bayona, an international student from Peru at Oklahoma State University, shares his experience about what it means to move abroad and leave your family, friends and home behind and how important it is to overcome feeling homesick to really enjoy the experience of making the US your new home. Going to Maryland to spend Thanksgiving with part of his family is why Sebastian Bayona wanted to win this contest. InternaitonalStudent.com will announce the winner on November 17th, the last day of International Education Week, so stay tuned.
If you’re interested in entering this Travel Video Contest next year make sure you sign up to receive the latest alerts from InternationalStudent.com.
East Tennessee State University
Deadline: January 2nd
If you are a new international student at East Tennessee State University (ETSU) or if you are planning to apply to ETSU, we have great news for you! The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
What is it about?
The scholarship covers 50 percent of total in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered (recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs).
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student’s scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university.
The scholarship is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Scholarship can be used for summer semesters if taking on-grounds courses
- Scholarship may not be used for the winter term
To be eligible, students must:
- Apply for admission to ETSU before they can apply for the scholarship
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form
Also important to know:
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- An applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant).
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Time is running out so if you are interested, be sure to submit all your information by January 2nd. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. You can find further details here.
The 2017 InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest
Deadline: October 13th
Like in years past, InternationalStudent.com is hosting its Travel Video Contest, which means that it’s your chance to win $4,000! The contest is now in its 12th year and if you are an international student or traveler, InternationalStudent.com is giving you the opportunity to showcase your creativity and explain why you want study abroad or take a specific trip during your international studies.
If you’re currently studying abroad, you can tell us about any trip you would like to take. If you aren’t abroad yet, you simply need to tell us why you want to study abroad.
How to enter
If you are interested in entering in the contest, there are a few things you will want to know:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You should be either an international student or planning to become one
- You have to create a 4 minute video that shares why you would like to become an international student or why you would like to take a specific trip during your time as an international student
- Your video should tell a story and be made for this contest
- Your video can be housed on Youtube or Vimeo
- Originality and interest level in the trip, creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria.
The deadline to submit your application for the twelfth annual travel video contest is 11:59 PM, EST on Friday, 13 October 2017. To get started, go to InternationalStudent.com and you also may want to have a look at: