If you could us an extra $100 then make sure you apply to win an award through the International Student Voice Magazine Microscholarship. This scholarship is open to international students in the US on a valid F1 or J1 visa- students can be pursuing an ESL program, an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree.
To apply for this scholarship you must submit a short essay that answers the International Student Voice Magazine question. Your essay must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document and include a photo of yourself. All entries can be submitted directly through the International Student Voice Magazine site.
Past questions have included topics like:
- “What were your perceptions about the United States before you arrived and have they changed since studying in the country?”
- “The U.S. Presidential Election is this November. What has been your observations so far about the election process and the presidential nominees?”
- “What has been your observations about dating/relationships in the U.S.? Is dating different in the U.S. compared to your home country?”
- “What has been your most frustrating experience studying in the United States? Why was it frustrating and how was it resolved?”
The October microscholarship question will be posted on October 10th. If interested, get more details on this microscholarship and how to apply here.
International Student Voice Magazine was founded in 2011 and is written by international students for international students. This magazine “aims to make the experience of international students positive, useful and rich while they pursue their dream education at our campuses.”
Each year InternationalStudent.com hosts their Travel Video Contest- and it’s back again for its 11th year! This contest is open to students who are currently studying outside of their home country and those with a proposed study abroad journey. If you’re currently studying outside your home country, your video can describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
One grand prize winner will receive $4,000 and their very own blog on InternationalStudent.com for the year. There will also be a Viewer’s Choice winner along with a second and third place runner up- all of which will receive some great prizes!
Each year InternationalStudent.com receives hundreds of great videos from current and potential international students around the world. If you would like a shot at winning $4,000 check out the links below then start filming! Also- don’t forget to submit your video by October 14th as late entries will not be accepted.
- Get tips and tricks
- Read the rules & regulations
- Check out judging panel
- Watch the videos of past winners
If you want to enter the 2016 InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest you can view more details here.