This scholarship is available to US citizens who are studying in Japan short term (one semester or academic year). Six individuals will be awarded this scholarship in the amount of $5,000 each to use toward the upcoming academic year expenses.
The Tanaka and Green Academic Scholarship can be used for tuition and academic fees, room and board, travel and transportation and other approved expenses.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate school in the United States
- Must give proof of acceptance at a college or university in Japan
- Must give proof that the program in Japan is an approved student exchange program of the applicant’s home college or university in the US
- Must intend to return to the college or university in the United States
- May be majors in any subject, but must demonstrate that they have taken or plan to take academic courses related to Japan, whether in the US or at the Japan college or university
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
The Tanaka and Green Academic Scholarship was established by the Japan-America Society of Washington DD (JASW). The scholarship is made possible in thanks to the society’s H. William and Lily Tanaka Scholarship Endowment and the Marshal and Lispenard Green Educational Endowment.
To learn more about the Tanaka and Green Academic Scholarship and if you are eligible to apply, please visit here.