Bridging Scholarship

October 4th, 2012 by Jonathan Frankel

Bridging Scholarship
Deadline: October 10

US citizens who are currently enrolled in a college or university in the United States and that plan on studying abroad in the Spring are still able to submit their application for the bridging scholarship. This award grants at least 20 students a stipend of either $2,500 (for the semester program) or $4,000 (for the academic year program) to be used towards travel and living expenses associated with their study abroad trip.

Applicants can be working towards a degree in any field; however, they must be studying abroad in Japan. To apply for this award students will need to complete the application, write a short essay of 500 words or less pertaining to why they want to study in Japan and submit an official college or university transcript and letter of recommendation.

This award is sponsored through the US-Japan Bridging Foundation. The foundation has provided awards since 1999 to assist students with their studies in Japan. Funding for this award comes from a number of private foundations and individual donors.

Students who would like more information on the bridging scholarship can visit here. Applicants please keep in mind that October 10 is not the postmark date; applications must be received by this date.


* Global studies a colorful closeup photo courtesy of Shutterstock


  1. Irafasha Emma says:

    Hello, i want you to help me in my studies ,be blessed.

    • Bryanna Lindblom says:

      Hi Irafasha,

      Thank you for your interest. To receive this award you must apply for it directly through the host organization. You can find out more about how to apply here.

      Good luck!

  2. Nuruddeen Suleiman B. says:

    Dear sir/ma,
    I am citizen of Nigeria. A native of Bauchi State, Nigeria. A student at Gallaudet University Washington DC. I have been applying to scholarship and loan since 2010 but i am planning to enter school next year on 30- December- 2013. Please kindly help at me to get either scholarship or federal loan for me. Thank you

    • Bryanna Lindblom says:

      Hi Nuruddeen,

      Thank you for your inquiry. If you would like more information on where to obtain an international student loan you can visit here. If you would like to obtain a scholarship, you can visit here.

      I hope you are able to obtain the aid you need.

Join the conversation

IEFA logo
Thank you for visiting
Providing information about international financial aid & scholarships since 1998
2022 MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation
1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036