International Students Academic Merit ScholarshipOctober 18th, 2017 by Juncal Caballero
East Tennessee State University
Deadline: January 2nd
If you are a new international student at East Tennessee State University (ETSU) or if you are planning to apply to ETSU, we have great news for you! The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
What is it about?
The scholarship covers 50 percent of total in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered (recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs).
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student’s scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university.
The scholarship is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program
- Scholarship can be used for summer semesters if taking on-grounds courses
- Scholarship may not be used for the winter term
To be eligible, students must:
- Apply for admission to ETSU before they can apply for the scholarship
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form
Also important to know:
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- An applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant).
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Time is running out so if you are interested, be sure to submit all your information by January 2nd. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. You can find further details here.