Taiwan Aims to Double International Student EnrollmentFebruary 10th, 2014 by Jennifer Frankel
International students looking for a particularly promising and exciting location in which to study abroad ought to seriously consider studying in the state of Taiwan.
Why Study in Taiwan?
Aside from Taiwan’s cultural features, proximity to China, and reputation as a stable and powerful economic world player, the nation has a highly praised education system— in fact, Taiwanese students boast some of the highest test scores in the entire world (particularly in the fields of mathematics and science). What’s more is, for international students, a new national directive has made studying in Taiwan more accessible than ever before.
International Student Enrollment Increases in Taiwan
Taiwan has recently issued a national directive and strategy to increase their international student enrollment to over 150,000 students by 2020. Over the next six years, Taiwanese universities will offer increased aid to international students seeking to study there, as well as permitting Chinese students who decide to study in Taiwan the ability to access healthcare and hold jobs (something Chinese students were previously unable to do in the state).
Taiwan aims to double international student enrollment, making the number of international students over 10% of the total student population within six years. To do this, they plan on using a number of financial aid mechanisms to attract students from around the world. However, international students considering this opportunity should act quick—Taiwan’s international student population has more than doubled since 2008, and the current enrollment incentives won’t last forever!
—Study Abroad in Taiwan Recap—
- East Asian island state with a population of over 23 million
- Democratic government
- Highly developed and stable economic sector (considered one of the four “Asian Tigers”)
- A renowned education system that produces some of the highest international test scores
- Currently hosts over 78,000 international students
- National initiative to attract over 150,000 international students over the next six years
- The number of international students in Taiwan has far more than doubled since 2008
- International students projected to make up over 10% of Taiwanese student population by 2020
how can i subscribe